Employees State Insurance Corporation logoEmployees’ State Insurance is a health insurance and self financing social security project for Indian employees earning wages less than Rs. 15,000. They contribute 1.75% and the employer contributes 4.75% which becomes a total of 6.5% of share for these services. This collected fund is used for medical and cash benefits for employees and their family by company hospitals, branch offices etc. It comes under Ministry of Labour and Employment.

ESIC is recruiting candidates for the post of Social Security Officers (SSOs). 301 Social Security Officers (SSOs) are required for which Pay Scale is set to be Rs. 9300 – 34800/-. Qualifications expected from candidates are a graduation degree in Commerce / Law / Management and working knowledge of Computers. Application can be made online latest by 20th February, 2014.

Post Name – Social Security Officers (SSOs)

  • No. of Posts – 301
  • Pay Scale – Rs. 9300 – 34800/-
  • Grade Pay – Rs. 4600/-
  • Age Limit – Between 21 to 27 years as on 20th February, 2014.
Category of the Applicant No. of Posts
General 150
OBC 70
SC 44
ST 3
PWDs 9
Ex-Service 25

Educational Qualification – A graduation degree from a recognized university. Preference will be given to those candidates who have done graduation in Commerce / Law / Management and working knowledge of Computers.

Application Fee – Rs. 275/- for General and OBC candidates and No fee for SC/ST/PWD and Female candidates.

How to apply – Candidates can apply online through its official website http://www.esic.nic.in/ on or before 20th February, 2014. Download the advertisement.